Welcome to the Municipal Council Education Program (MCEP).
As an elected official you face a number of challenges. The demanding arena of municipal politics requires you to continuously expand your knowledge and skills to keep current.
Who is it for?
Over time the MCEP site will offer a selection of online professional development courses for those considering running for office, duly elected officials and the public.
What Online Courses are available?
- So You Want To Run For Council
- Land Use Planning
- Cover Your Assets: An Asset Managment Primer
- Municipal Councillor Financial Literacy
- Municipal Asset Managment and Property Taxation 101 (Coming Soon)
What Workshops for Elected Officials Are Offered Across the Province?
A number of workshops are held in various locations across the province, or upon request in-house at a municipality. Not all of the workshops listed below are offered every year.
- What are Your Personal Responsibilities as an Elected Official
- Councillor Training 101
- Heads of Council
- The Meetings Series
- Council Challenges (held only in a municipal election year)
- Media & Communications
- The Basics of Local Government Finance